Monday, June 1, 2015

The Adjusting Phase...

I never thought that I would ever feel out of my comfort zone when speaking in English. It is so weird to talk English all day instead of Spanish! I still get to talk to Hispanics when we see them but still it is not the same! I keep saying Spanish words when I'm speaking in English and then since I'm not using my Spanish as often I'm forgetting how to say some really easy stuff. I think my brain is just a little confused as to what is going on. Haha! So yeah adjusting is going well!

I'm lucky though because I still get to see all of the Spanish members at church and I've even seen a couple just around town. I hope that after this transfer that I go back to the branch instead of going to a different area!

BUT being with Sister Walker is great! I love her! We talk all of the time and we laugh a lot so that's good! I can see us becoming really good friends! :) She also has an obsession with Texas so I told her she'll have to visit me. :) We've only been together a week but I already love her so much! 

Tomorrow we are going to have a special training on Family History. It is going to be so great! I'm so excited! 

Also June 10th there is a special training for all missionaries who are teaching in a different language so I will get to go to that!

I love being a missionary and serving the Lord! As a missionary, you talk to a lot of people and a lot of times they aren't so nice. 

Recently, we talked to a man and after our conversation we were leaving and he said something along the lines of, 

"You ladies did really good at answering my questions but I bet I really stumped you two." 

We politely said no and left.

I would like to say again that no, I am not stumped on something or doubting anything. I know what I know and I cannot deny it. I know that when we exercise our faith in God we can and will gain more knowledge about who He is and of the teachings of Jesus Christ.; 

I love my Heavenly Father and I am so grateful that serving a mission was a part of the beautiful plan that He has for me. 

I am learning that life really is a continuing learning process. We all go through phases where we are progressing and then at other times we feel like we have digressed. BUT the miracle of it all is that as long as we are trying we will never be back at the very bottom where we started in the first place! 
 
So with that said, keep your heads up and keep looking forward everyone!

Love you all! Abrazos! 

Hermana Soliz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment