Monday, June 29, 2015

English/Spanish.....No one knows.....


I know that I still have a good amount of time left to serve as a full-time missionary here in Washington but lately I have been worrying about going home.
I had a dream the other night....
I had gotten home and I was happy to see my family but after I was released and was home I cried like a baby.  When I woke up I was so relieved that it was a dream and I was still on my mission!

Ugh...when the day finally comes I'm going to be a wreck! Haha!

Oh, crazy side note!

So we had the mission devotional this past Sunday and I sang in the choir. That was fun! :) Before it Sister Walker had told me that a member named Jose promised a long time ago that he would go to it. She had totally forgotten about it until she saw him at the devotional and she wanted to go say hi so I went with her to talk to him.

When I saw him, I started to laugh and said,

"This is the guy?! This is Jose?!"

Jose was also laughing because he already knew me. Haha! He's the same guy that Hermana Sasagi and I were visiting when I crashed our car into the wall! How crazy is that! It just made me embarrassed about it all over again. Haha!

I also had the chance to talk to President and Sister Eaton at the devotional.

Earlier that day at stake conference they had told me that President was leaning towards having me go back to Spanish this transfer but that he still wasn't sure and needed to pray about it.

The options are that I go back to Spanish speaking or I stay here in Auburn with Sister Walker and we will be an official "zebra".

 A zebra is when an English speaking missionary is with a Spanish speaking missionary. If we do become an official zebra we will work with both the English ward and the Spanish branch.

So at the devotional I told President and Sister Eaton that I would do whatever God wanted me to do and that I knew that whichever answer President got would be through revelation.

Then I said that since I was called by God through the Prophet Thomas S. Monson to teach in Spanish that maybe he could extend my call another transfer so I could make up the time I served English speaking.

I don't think I really convinced him but I was just throwing it out there. :) It was worth a shot! :)

This week has been amazing! I went on an exchange with Sister Webb and then I also went out with the Hermanas to teach in Spanish! :)

Sister Walker was sick so we had to stay in one day but she's feeling tons better!

Well, now on to more spiritual things! The miracle we had this past week was so awesome!

We had just finished going over our progress record with our bishop and were getting in the car to go back to our apartment.

That's when I saw a man across the street and he was vacuuming his car. I really wanted to talk to him so I grabbed a mormon.org card and went over to talk to him.

I kind of scared him because he couldn't hear me when he was vacuuming but then I asked him about his Dallas Cowboy cap and told him I was a fan and soon we were talking about religion. His name is Elgin and he's a very religious man and he loves the Bible.

He accepted the mormon.org card and said he would look into it. He also said it would be okay if we came back to teach him and that he would listen. It also turns out that he's already good friends with Bishop Smith so that's instant fellowship!

It was so awesome!

Also, I found this quote by Elder Bruce R. McConkie and I absolutely love it!
It says,

"I am a child of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts, my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work."
- Elder Bruce R. McConkie

That is just so powerful and I love it! I know that this is the duty that we all have! I hope you all are embracing your call to be a witness of Jesus Christ!

The picture is of all the sister missionaries serving in the Auburn Zone.

Love you all!

Hermana Soliz
Sisters in the Auburn District!

No comments:

Post a Comment