Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Change is Good!

Hey everyone!

So today is transfer day so we will all be dealing with lots of changes. Hermana Edmonds is getting transferred to Kent with Hermana Palmer and I am staying in Auburn and will be training a brand new missionary. There was some miss-communication with our Zone leaders so we thought that we were both staying here but Sister Eaton called us yesterday to let us know that I would be training and that Hermana Edmonds would be leaving. 

I am so excited to train but at the same time a little nervous! This time last year I was being trained! I feel like I'm getting a little taste of what it feels like when parents have their first child. I just want my new companion to have the best experience ever and I want to help her start her mission off right like my trainer did for me! :) 
I want to be a good example to her and help her in any way that I can! It's a change but it's okay because changes are good and they help us grow! Hopefully, I don't stress myself out! 
Apparently the new missionaries will be getting here later than usual so I will be at transfers at 2:00 and Sister Eaton said hopefully we'll be home by 7:00. It's going to be a long day! 

Also we are getting Spanish Elders back in the area but the catch is that they will be on bike. In the past the Elders were able to cover the whole Auburn Stake which really helped since we cover Auburn and Puyallup. But now that they'll just have bikes there geographical area is going to be smaller. Hopefully they can share a car with another companionship on certain days or something.
I'm still really grateful we're getting Elders back in the area though! They'll be a big help!  The members are going to be so excited about that! 

Another change was that I had to say goodbye to Sister Walker on Sunday. :( It was so sad! I love her so much and am going to miss her! It'll definitely be harder to get to the gym in the morning knowing that she won't be there to talk to. She is like a sister to me and I am so grateful that God gave me the opportunity to be companions with her!

By the way! Didn't you just love the General Women's broadcast! It was so good! I loved all of the talks and I learned something from each one! I really liked when one of the Sisters was talking about after this life and we'll think, "Was that it? That was all I had to do?" It will be a very humbling and sweet experience.  

I know this life has difficulties and that life is hard sometimes. But just like President Hinckley said, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." Too often we think that God asks too much of us when in reality He is giving us every opportunity He can to have us decide to come unto Him. He does not ask very much of us. We just need to be obedient to His commandments and accept His will. His commandments aren't like a fence to keep us gated in. Instead they are like guardrails to protect us from danger. I know that as we keep His commandments and repent each day we will grow to have a more Christ-like character!

I love you all! Here's a picture of our last district meeting this transfer and one of all of us sister missionaries here in Auburn! 

Hermana Soliz


No comments:

Post a Comment