Monday, March 23, 2015

Yo quiero ser misionera para siempre!


Milagros estan pasando en Auburn!

WOW! God has blessed us so much this past week!It's been so great to recognize the Lord's hand in missionary work every day!

I love being a missionary so much! I just hope that I am taking advantage of every day that I have to serve the  Lord as a full time missionary because I know that the time is going to go faster than what I want it to.

One of the investigators we are teaching here in Auburn is Rosalio and he is so cool! He's been learning about the church for a whole year and has committed to baptism about six times but hasn't ever actually been baptized.

We decided to have a lesson with him and to invite President Layman, who is the first councilor to our mission president, to come with us. We taught a short lesson and then President Layman talked to him alone about baptism and went over the interview questions. At the end of it Rosalio committed to be baptized May 27th!! For real this time! :) He is so READY and I am so happy for him! :)

Another family we have taught is Monica and Eduardo. Eduardo isn't super interested but he has potential and Monica is golden! We have had two great lessons with them so far and we went this past week for our third appointment with them.

Sadly, they weren't home so we couldn't teach them BUT this led us to another miracle!
Since Monica and Eduardo were not home we decided to try to have a lesson with a Venezuelan family that we had met on the street a few days earlier.

Luckily, both the husband and wife were home and they let us in to hear our message. They showed so much interest in our message and they want to come to church to check it out!
They said they couldn't come this past Sunday because the husband, Juan, already had a commitment but they want to come! :)

At the end of the lesson with them we asked Juan to pray and ask God if our message was true and he said that he didn't have to pray because he already knew it was true. He said that he believed we knocked on his door for a reason and that we were sent by God.
I couldn't believe it! We still had him pray but I was just in shock that this family was so accepting right from the beginning.

Also Hermana Singer and I both felt prompted to leave the Restoration video with them so hopefully they'll watch it before we go back!

Another miracle out of the COUNTLESS miracles that we've had is Pablo and his family. He's a new investigator that was found about two weeks ago.

Hermana Singer, Webb, and Williams taught Pablo and his family about the restoration and then I came here to Auburn and taught him the plan of salvation with Hermana Singer and Williams.
The lesson was awesome and the spirit was really strong!

Then on Sunday they ALL came to church for all three hours! Pablo, his wife Maria, their kids, William (15 years old), Frank (12 years old), Guyel (under 1 year) and Pablo's parents Jose and Adela. :) After Sacrament Pablo said they would come back next Sunday! Yay! :)

Our investigators Rosalio and Daniela were also at church so we had 8 investigators there! We were so happy! :)

After church Rosalio had his official baptismal interview with our district leader, Elder Kim, so now he is all ready to be baptized on the 27th!!

On Sunday we had another Spanish devotional and it was in ENUMCLAW! :) I was so happy! I was able to see a lot of the members and some of my investigators! The Sugihara's, Garcia's, Ungez's, Mejia's, Betty and Leo, and a whole bunch of other people! I also saw some members from Renton too!

I was so unbelievably happy to see everyone that I don't even have the words to describe it. I will always and forever have a special love for the people I have met here in Washington!

Earlier this week I was studying more about my purpose as a missionary in Preach My Gospel and also in the scriptures. I love that in Preach My Gospel it says,
"The Lord will bless you as you teach the message of the Restoration to a world that desperately needs the gospel of Jesus Christ."

I know that as I do all I can to teach and share my testimony of the restoration with others that I will be blessed and that the people who are ready to accept our message will be blessed too.

I also know that there is a power that comes from reading the Book of Mormon that is like no other. I love reading the Book of Mormon and I urge all of you to read it! The Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Christ and it really is evidence of the restored truths of the church of Jesus Christ. When we read the Book of Mormon we learn more about God and Jesus Christ and what we need to do in this life. Reading the Book of Mormon is like taking a test and your teacher tells you that you can use your notes. It literally makes things so much easier! So again, I invite you all to read it!  

This past week I found a lot of scriptures that I just absolutely love so I'll share a couple with you.

Alma 27:6-7
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls."
I love this scripture because I know that I am inadequate and that without the spirit I would be so lost but with God anything is impossible. Even though I am just my imperfect self, I can be an instrument in the hands of God and "great things" can be "brought to pass."
Also remember to always trust on God. Not just sometimes or when things are going good but always.
Alma 38:5

"...I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

Everything in the teachings of Jesus Christ and in this church invites us to act. Invites us to pray. Invites us to read the scriptures. Invites us to have faith, repent, be baptized, endure to the end, be more Christ like, and to come unto Him.

This reminds me of a hymn, Come Follow Me. Here are the lyrics.
1. "Come, follow me," the Savior said.
Then let us in his footsteps tread,
For thus alone can we be one
With God's own loved, begotten Son.
2. "Come, follow me," a simple phrase,
Yet truth's sublime, effulgent rays
Are in these simple words combined
To urge, inspire the human mind.
3. Is it enough alone to know
That we must follow him below,
While trav'ling thru this vale of tears?
No, this extends to holier spheres.
4. Not only shall we emulate
His course while in this earthly state,
But when we're freed from present cares,
If with our Lord we would be heirs.
5. We must the onward path pursue
As wider fields expand to view,
And follow him unceasingly,
Whate'er our lot or sphere may be.
6. For thrones, dominions, kingdoms, pow'rs,
And glory great and bliss are ours,
If we, throughout eternity,
Obey his words, "Come, follow me."
I leave you my testimony that there is always more to do but that with God we can do all things. I know that the challenges we go through are just to make us stronger. I know that we all have divine potential even though we all have weaknesses. I know that too often we settle for less and we underestimate our potential but when we put our trust in God we will grow and change for the better. God is real and He lives. Jesus Christ suffered and died for us and He was resurrected and lives! He can give us comfort and guidance when we feel like no one else understands. He always gives us the invitation to follow Him. We just need to act.

Les Quiero Muchisimo! Hasta Luego! Les Dios bendigas!

Hermana Soliz

No comments:

Post a Comment