Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Change of plans...

Hello everyone!
So...I have some news.
I'm not serving in Renton anymore. I'm now serving in Auburn/Puyallup.
Yeah...this past Tuesday I had a car accident with a wall.
So yeah, this guy named Jose called us and wanted us to teach his mom who is not a member but he wanted to meet us first. We had just arrived at his apartments to meet him when I had the accident.
There wasn't any guest parking so I was going to park on the other side of the street in this tiny parking lot behind some businesses.
Well, turns out I missed the entrance by a foot or two and went right over the curb. The road was higher than the paved area so on the other side of the curb was a slope of dirt. The car went down that and started rolling towards the wall. I freaked out and accidentally pressed the accelerator instead of the brake and BAM! We smacked into the wall.
It all felt so unreal. I felt like I was just in a movie and that it was all make believe.
Then I backed up the car to see the damage. That's when I saw the big whole that I made in the back of the OReilly's building. Through the whole you could see their office space on the other side.
I was literally thinking, "Are you kidding me??!! Why me??! So much money!"
Luckily, no one was hurt though and the police man who came to check it out was kind enough to not give me a ticket.
So yeah, because of that I lost my driving privileges for the rest of my mission! It's probably safer that way! I don't want to risk anything. For a couple of days the May Creek Elders let us borrow their car so we could get around and I was so nervous to drive it especially because it was one of the nicest cars in the mission.
So because I lost my driving privileges and because Hermana Sasagi doesn't have a driver's license I had to switch places with Hermana Webb. So Hermana Webb returned to Renton to drive and I came to Auburn/Puyallup where my companions are now Hermana Singer and Hermana Wiilliams. Hermana Williams is actually the one who came to visit Washington before her mission so I met her while I was in Enumclaw.
I was really sad about it. I miss Renton and I feel like my time there was cut short. I'm sure I'll go back at some point though.
Hermana Singer and Hermana Williams are awesome though! We also cover Auburn and Puyallup so I'm sure I'll be kept busy with lots of work.
I wonder if President Eaton is going to leave me here or if he's going to try moving me back to Renton. I have a feeling I'll be here in Auburn for at least two transfers.
Goodness, it's been a crazy week!
My spiritual thought for the week comes from the Doctrine and Covenants.The Doctrine and Covenants are revelations for our day given to the prophet Joseph Smith.
D&C 98:4 -  "And now, verily I say unto you concerning the laws of the land, it is my will that my people should observe to do all things whatsoever I command them."

 D&C 121:7- "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;"

 D&C 122:7- "And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."
I love these scriptures because it reminds me that no matter what we go through in this life it is only a very small moment compared to the eternities. It also reminds me that all of our afflictions and everything that we go through that is hard is for our good. That is God's promise to us. Everything we go through, in one way or another is for our good because we learn and grow from our afflictions.

I also LOVE this scripture from the Book of Mormon,

2 Nephi 4:18-20- "I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."
Nephi is so awesome! Remember that no matter what, put your trust in God and you will not be led astray!

No comments:

Post a Comment