Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 74.....

Just so you know if you haven't made goals for this year you still have time! :) I'm in the process of setting some goals of my own and I encourage you all to do the same! I know that goals really help us push ourselves and help us grow! Some goals that I have are to read the Book of Mormon every day, make family home evening a priority and to keep learning Spanish. I have so many things that I want to do and a lot of them have to do with building my personal testimony of Jesus Christ and His teachings. So yeah, think about where you want to be a year from now and then make plans to make it happen! :)
Okay so I am so excited to tell you all about this wonderful family that Hermana Lewis and I started teaching! When we went by there home to meet them, G told us that we were the third set of missionaries to stop by. Then when we went back for our appointment he told us that the next day the Spanish Elders stopped by too. I told him that we were all coming because our message is just that important and everyone needs to be invited to be baptized by the proper authority! They are so cute! They are from Bolivia and the parents have been here for 15 years. I think A has been here for a little longer for school. He said that when he was in college he had quite a few Mormon friends and that he was almost baptized. So he knows quite a bit about the church although all the details are fuzzy. They also have a couple family friends that are LDS. They are Catholic but they listen to anyone who talks about God. It was so funny because G was saying that learning from us is really a learning experience for him because he knows nothing about the Mormons and he was pleasantly surprised when he found out that we could eat pizza! Haha :) They are so sincere and they all have so many questions! It's good though! Really good! :) They are all so busy though so it looks like we'll only be able to visit them once a week. 
Also D came to church for the second time in a long time! I love her so much and have missed her! I know she's going to be baptized one day! I'll be seeing here again this Saturday at S's baptism. S is D's niece and when S's family was still in the Spanish branch I got to teach her. :) So I am so excited that she is finally getting baptized!!! :) 
Yesterday was fast Sunday and since our branch is now the last ones to use the building we are going to have dinner together every fast Sunday after church, We get out of church at 4:45 so right in time for dinner! I love being together with the branch! The H family and D were also there. 
Also a member named M was there! :) She was surprised to see that I was still in Auburn. She recently moved to Seattle and I haven't seen her in forever so it was really nice to be able to talk with her and to meet her newborn baby girl! :)
Hermana Lewis and I love Auburn so much and we are going to keep working to find and baptize! Love you all!!! 
Hermana Soliz


One of my favorite Places!

Go to church!

What every missionary wants to do at the end of a long day...

See ya in 4 weeks!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment