Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My last email....

I am so in denial that I'm dying!!! You know mission wise. But that's okay. I think it's better that I sometimes forget that. I love sharing the gospel with people here in Washington! Even though I am in my last week of my mission I am still learning and growing. My mission is shaping the rest of my life. I'm so glad that I decided to serve for these short 18 months. Everything was totally worth it! I am so excited too because I know that we are going to be busy right up until my last day! We have at least one set appointment for every day and I am so grateful for that because I just want to teach!
A miracle we had this week happened when we were knocking on some trailers where potentials lived. At one trailer a man named E answered the door. He was super nice and was going to let us in so we could teach him but only him and his brother were home. So he came outside and let us teach him the restoration on his doorstep! He was super open to it and we set up a return appointment! He also told us that his sister might be interested in learning more as well! 
Also on one of the days we were in Puyallup we met this man named W.  We were knocking some doors in the neighborhood and all of a sudden there was this man in his garage that was trying to tell us something. We couldn't understand him at all because we were right by the highway so the noise of the traffic was super loud!! As we got closer though, Hermana Lewis
heard the man say, "Do either of you want to go out with me?" I still wasn't able to hear that part but Hermana Lewis responded by saying "No, but we can share a message about Jesus Christ with you." Haha! It was so funny! The man said no to our offer about hearing about Jesus Christ but that's when W came rushing out of the garage and told us that he was interested in learning!
In Preach My Gospel it talks about how there are people all around that are being prepared to hear and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. It also says that these prepared people will recognize the missionaries as representatives of Jesus Christ. 
In the short time that we were able to talk to W I knew that he recognized us as representatives of Jesus Christ. He was so sincere and his desire to learn more is so strong! Everything from how he rushed up to us saying he wanted to learn to how he talked about how he wanted his wife to learn too showed that he was serious. It was such a cool experience! 
On Sunday the C family gave talks on how we can be firm and steadfast in Christ. They talked about a lot of things that help us endure to the end and I thought it was funny because I am going home.  They were really great talks and very heartfelt. Hermano C talked about how we always need to be prepared because Satan never stops trying to make us lose our way. Satan is always going to try to make us fall because he doesn't want us to have eternal life. Hermano C also talked about the importance of helping the missionaries.
While I was preparing to come on my mission I went out to teach people with missionaries but I didn't understand the importance of helping with the missionary work. Now that I've been a missionary and I've seen the difference between investigators who have member fellowship and those that don't I know that it is vital. I am so sad that I will not be a full-time missionary for much longer but I am so ready to help the missionaries and to still do all that I can to help people accept the gospel and be baptized! 
We had a worldwide training just for the full-time missionaries this week and the theme of the whole training was "teach repentance and baptize converts." We heard from Elder Neil L. Andersen, David A. Bednar, Dallin H. Oaks and other leaders. It was the first time the church has had a broadcast like this in over ten years. It was really nice and the whole focus was centered on Jesus Christ. I loved it because really the gospel is so simple. Love God and follow Jesus Christ. 
Also one thing that helps us stay on the path that God wants us to follow is the ability to act on the revelation we receive so here is the link to a great video I love about revelation! 


Love y'all!

Hermana Soliz
 

Our District

Eating outside is nice.


 
My Auburn family I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment