Monday, October 12, 2015

I am so lucky!

Just so you all know I am so extremely lucky! Life is good and I am so happy to be a missionary! :)
I love being able to serve God and serve the people here in my area! 
This past week I had my 22nd birthday and the members here made sure it was a special day for me! 
On my birthday a few of the members, the elders, and my companion and I got together for dinner at the church. We had enchiladas and rice and then cake and ice cream for dessert. Hermana Valle even bought me some socks and perfume as a gift! It was so sweet of the members to do! :) I love them! 
After I blew our my candles for "mi deseo" they all wanted me to take a bite out of the cake. Apparently it is a tradition of theirs to do that and then usually someone will push your face into the cake. 
I was so hesitant to actually do it but I finally took a very small bite of the cake. It's a cool tradition but I didn't exactly want cake all over me. Haha! 
Needless to say I had a very great day on my birthday thanks to my family and the members! 
So finding new people to teach here in Auburn has been a bit if a struggle for the past few weeks or so but we have been trying so hard to find prepared people! We have also been knocking more doors than before! And well finding is still difficult. 
We receive a lot of blessings from God each day but we just weren't finding anyone new to teach. It seemed like more so than before that every set lesson we had was cancelled. 
During this tough time of not having very many investigators Alma 26:27 came to mind and it says, 
"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."
This scripture brought me great comfort when I was having a hard time and I really know that God is in control of spreading the gospel to all the world! 
My spirit was lifted when we went to check on a referral we received named Esteban! He is amazing! He actually thought he knew me from before. He saw me on his door step and was like, "Whoa! What are you doing here?!" 
And well, I was so confused! But it was kind of nice because even though I didn't know him from before it was almost like we had this relationship you have with the people you teach right from the start! He already knows so much about the church and has been to Salt Lake. He still wants to learn more but in our lesson he said that he wants the spirit that he sees that the missionaries have and he has a strong desire to be baptized!!! I am so excited to teach him and I will definitely be telling you all more about how things go with him! 
I love you all and have a great week! Also thanks so much for the gifts mom!

Hermana Soliz
My tiara mom sent and cake from my companion!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment