Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 55!

Hey everyone!!! :)
Guess what! We had a Spanish Devotional last night and I shared a little message about how we can know the truth of all things through the Holy Spirit. It made me think of the scripture in the Book of Mormon, Moroni 10:5 that says, 
"And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."
That is the promise that we all have as long as we put in the effort to know and have a sincere desire! The Holy Ghost testifies of Jesus Christ and of truth. Through the Holy Ghost we can feel more peace, joy, and comfort in our lives. Who wouldn't want more of that in their lives!
I love the devotionals because they always bring so much peace and happiness! I was able to see quite a few people I knew as well so that was nice! :) 
I really do love Spanish!! It's such a beautiful language! 
I haven't been with the Spanish branch in Auburn full time for three months so there are a lot of new people that we are teaching that I don't know. We tried to visit some of them this past week but we didn't have much luck. So I still haven't met them but I'm excited to teach them and help them progress!
One of the families we are teaching are the Guzman family! I taught them a couple of times before but we had lost contact for a while so I am so excited that they have a desire to learn!
Even though I am not with the White River Ward anymore I was able to go to their activity this past Saturday for dinner. Sister Walker and I had invited a lot of people and a lot of them actually came! :) Algretta Sorenson, James, Zach, Ritchey, and Freedom all went! Also when we got to the church I recognized a guy on the street who I had talked to before. His name is David and I invited him to come eat and he did! It was pretty successful! :) 
My new companion is Hermana Baird and she's really sweet and a hard worker! We've been seeing blessings as we find new people to talk to for an hour each day. We had 17 potential new investigators this past week! I'm excited to see miracles this transfer as we continue to work hard! We have some really good goals that are going to stretch us! :) 
Les amo mucho! 

Hermana Soliz

No comments:

Post a Comment