Tuesday, August 18, 2015

This is my 5th transfer in Auburn!

Yes it's true! I'm staying in Auburn! I am going back to teaching the gospel in Spanish full time so I will be moving back down the street to be companions with Hermana Baird! :) I am so excited about it! This will be Hermana Baird's third transfer in the field. Hermana Hill just finished training her so I know she will be a hard worker!
I am so happy I get to stay here in Auburn! I am sad to leave the White River ward but I will still be able to see many of the members in the halls on Sunday! :) I am so happy and grateful that God is allowing me more time to be here with the Spanish branch! I love them all so much! Also because I will be staying in Auburn I will still be able to see Sister Walker every once in awhile! :) 
I am so happy that I get to go back to speaking Spanish all of the time! It is definitely easier to learn and remember a language if you are constantly speaking it! I haven't been doing that for three months so hopefully it won't take to long to get back into the swing of things. I want to go at this full force! There are so many miracles that God can bless us with as long as we keep pushing forward! 
As for baptisms coming up, Duda is still committed to be baptized on August 22nd, right after the ward party. Jaime has to work on the 22nd so his baptism has been moved to August 29th. They are both so excited for their baptisms and they are ready! :) There is also a new family that is committed to be baptized in September!
I love, love, love serving as a missionary!!! :) We just had Zone Conference and we talked a lot about how to help the people we're teaching progress and really understand that the doctrine of Christ. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. This isn't just our purpose when we are full time missionaries and have the name tag. This will be our  purpose for life! How amazing is that! At Zone Conference we also talked a lot about how each one of us, individually, can endure to the end. 
I learned a lot and I felt the Spirit so strongly at Zone Conference! I know that things that we can do to endure to the end are simple. It could be so easy if only we set the natural man inside us aside and really trusted in God. 
I know that constant, not just daily but constant and sincere prayer will help us build our relationship with our Heavenly Father. I know that daily scripture study will help build our testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that as we go to church on Sundays and really give the Sabbath day back to God we will become stronger disciples of Jesus Christ! 
It will not always be easy but the people of God will always be persecuted. There are countless examples of that in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. But we can't give up. We have to keep trying and keep making progress. 
I know God lives. I know God knows me personally. Because I know that I know that He knows each of you personally as well. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. Only through Him will I be able to return to my Heavenly Father. I know that I have weaknesses and short comings but that God can make them my strengths. He just needs a willing servant. We need to be willing to change like King Lamoni when he said,
 "O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day."- Alma 22:18
I invite you all to ponder in your hearts and choose just one thing that God wants you to do better. Then pray for help and guidance as you try to make that weakness a strength. I know God will bless you as you do so! He is eagerly waiting to help us. All we have to do is ask and have faith enough to act. :) 

I love you all and hope you're all safe! 

Hermana Soliz

I'm going to miss Sister Walker! She is the best!


Selfie with Algreta Sorenson, she is the cute lady we do service for.

Sister Duffield, she is a sweetheart!

With Nick at Pep Boys, he taught us how to change a tire.

With Hermana Zepeda

No comments:

Post a Comment