Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 53.....in Auburn


Hola y buenos dias!
No puedo creer que ya estamos en el ultimo semana de este traslado!
Last preparation day Sister Walker and I went to the Flaming Geyser State Park with the Marshallese Sisters and it was nice to get out and do something different! It was a pretty easy hike into the park and we were able to walk by the river. It was really pretty!
Also, here in Washington black berries grow everywhere! So we got to pick some of those too!
The actual flaming geyser wasn't that impressive. It's pretty small actually. Apparently it used to be a lot bigger and some guy thought he could make it even bigger by blowing it up with dynamite...so because of that it's a lot smaller now.
But the weather was nice and it was good to spend dome time with Sister Peterson and Sister Loeak! :)
Lately in the mission we have been inviting all of our investigators to read all of first Nephi in the Book of Mormon in ten days. We had a lesson this past week with a former investigator named Dana and we gave her the challenge! She was super open to the invitation and accepted the invitation! I'm excited to see what she thought about the reading!
On Thursday I hit my year-mark! Yikes!!! We celebrated it with a princess cake! We also took our neighbors dog, Delis, for a walk. She is so cute and I just love her!
We also had a lesson with Duda and confirmed that her baptism will be August 22nd at 7! :) It was a great day! Also Jaime who attends the Spanish branch will be getting baptized August 22nd too! I am so excited for him! I most likely won't be serving here in Auburn by August 22nd but I'll get to come back for both Jaime's and Duda's baptisms!
We also have a couple new investigators that are really wanting to learn more! Their names are Zach and James. I really loved being able to teach them both! They were just asking very sincere questions and the Spirit really helped them to understand our message! :)
Although this week was a really great week the highlight was definitely Sunday when we heard Austin Tew give his farewell talk in Sacrament! He will be serving his mission in Santiago, Chile and he leaves tomorrow. His talk was so GOOD and everyone could feel the spirit! He talked about the plan of salvation and he quoted scriptures and talks from general authorities and it was just so great! Sister Walker and I were crying it was so good! I love feeling the spirit like that! During one part of his talk he was saying that he was nervous about learning the language not because he didn't think he couldn't learn it but because he was nervous for the amount of time when he wouldn't be able to fully express himself and tell people how he felt about the gospel. Then he talked about how the gift of tongues is real and how knowing that gave him comfort! I can totally relate to that!
There was a lot of people in sacrament to hear him speak and there was even some non-members. So then after church we were able to go the Tew's home and we had the chance to talk to all of their non-member friends! They seemed to be really open and interested so hopefully we can start teaching them! :)
Today at choir practice President Eaton came over to talk to me and he asked me if I was ready to go back to Spanish full time and I said of course! :) He also said he's pretty sure where I'm getting transferred to but he still needs to pray about it.
Well I love you all! Keep reading the Book of Mormon! I am so grateful for the restoration and for the teachings in the Book of Mormon! They are precious!
As I have hit my year mark I have been taking a lot of time to reflect on how much I've grown and what things I can do better. I'm re-evaluating my goals and making plans to get to where I want to be! I invite you all to do the same! If you want to read the Book of Mormon make a plan and do it! If you want to go to church make a plan and do it! If you want to serve a mission make a plan and do it! If you want to prepare to go to the temple make a plan and do it! If you want to learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints make a plan and do it! :) You can start by asking the missionaries! :) I know that as we make plans for the future God will bless us! Love you all!

Hermana Soliz




Delis, love him!



Love this girl!

                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment