Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I'm getting TRANSFERRED!

So, sadly my time in Enumclaw has come to an end. I'm getting transferred out of Maple Valley and Hermana Killingsworth is going to stay here and train a brand new missionary!
Most people I talked to guessed that I was going to be transferred to Auburn but I'm actually getting transferred to Renton. There I will be serving with Hermana Peacock and Hermana Webb so I'll be in a trio :) I'm sad because I love the people here in my area so much!!! But I'm also excited to go serve in Renton and love the people there too!

My last day here in Enumclaw was a great one and we were able to teach a new investigator! His name is Angel and he was super receptive to our message! It was a miracle!
Here's a couple quotes I would like to share.

"To all such of every generation, I call out, 'Remember Lot's wife.' Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us...Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow, and forever."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

"Consecration is the only surrender which is also a victory."
-Neil A. Maxwell
Faith and consecration go hand in hand. When we are acting on and building our faith we are doing things that are helping us be consecrated.

I also want to share a couple scriptures I read this morning in 2 Nephi.

"Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name."- 2 Nephi 25:13

I love this scripture because it talks about the resurrection of Christ and many times I think we forget that He really was resurrected! He suffered and died for us but I also know that He loosed the bands on death by being resurrected and I know that He lives. I also love this scripture because it talks about delighting in prophesying about Christ and magnifying His name in our hearts. As I read this I thought more about how I can make sure I'm magnifying Christ in my heart. I think it goes right along with the life-long process of converting ourselves to set aside the ways of the natural man and becoming the kind of people that God wants us to be. I encourage you all to think of a way that you could better magnify Christ in your heart and then I challenge you to do it!

"And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out."- 2 Nephi 25:29

When I read this scripture I thought about the phrase, "the right way is to believe in Christ and deny him not." I thought of things that I could improve on to help me, in essence, stop "denying Christ." I thought of how I could do better with following the promptings I get from the Holy Ghost and also of how I could do better at evaluating myself by accounting to the Lord and then working on improving those things.
I love you all very much! Keep loving God and growing closer to Him! He is the only way to true happiness!
Hermana Soliz
With Bro and Sis Ramos and Bro Castro

With investigators, Leonor and Alice

Baby Shower for Betty, Front right,,,,and guests.
Me and Sister Corbit
With investigator Aura

Driving through Enumclaw, beautiful rainbow...
The end of the rainbow!


No comments:

Post a Comment