Tuesday, January 27, 2015

First Week in Renton....Check!





Renton has been great so far! There is a lot of missionary work to do (just like in every area) and I'm excited about it!
We are teaching the Ayala family right now and they are seriously a golden family! They are so ready for the gospel! They don't like being called investigators because they want to be members! The dad is reading a lot of the Book of Mormon and he's also read half of the manual for the gospel principles class. At one of our lessons his wife Maria said she hadn't read the Book of Mormon yet and HE called her to repentance and said she needed to read!! Seriously?! Investigators just don't do that. Unless they've been prepared by the Lord and are ready! But seriously they were committed, and I mean truly committed to baptism after the first lesson! Last night we had a noche de hogar with them at the branch president's house and it was amazing! Maria said her mom is going to start going to church with them too!! I am so excited for their family! Right now their baptism date is March 7th.

Today we went to the temple and it was so amazing!!! The temple is gorgeous and it felt so great to go again! The spirit was so strong! And it was so cool to go with other missionaries!

Hermana Peacock and Hermana Webb and I are getting along great! We have fun together! Oh and  we had a Spanish fireside this past Sunday and I was able to see Juan, Rosa, and Bryan from Enumclaw! :) I also spoke at that fireside about how God is literally our loving Father. It was great!

We also had the chance to have President Eaton come to our house this past week and he role played the first lesson with us and gave us feedback! That was awesome! I mean how often do you get to do that one on one with your mission president, right?!

I love you all! If you don't remember anything I say, remember this. Read the Book of Mormon every single day of your life! Preferably at least for 30 minutes but do what you can. Every day!

All my love!  Hermana Soliz



Beautiful, peaceful day at the temple

My new companions! Hna Webb and Hna Peacock!

Seattle Temple
Love our trio!

No comments:

Post a Comment