Monday, January 12, 2015

Change is hard but necessary...

Here's a scripture I want to share with you all!

Mosiah 3:19- "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."
I love being a missionary!! Not because it's easy because it's not. It can be hard work and there is always something to do. I love being a missionary because I am learning how to more fully come unto Christ too,  just like my investigators. I am learning more about how to identify the natural man in me and to then give that up and become more like Christ. I am changing which is necessary if I want to receive exaltation!
I was also listening to a song the other day and it was talking about a missionary ending his mission and going back home and I started to tear up because I realized I'm not going to be a missionary forever. The time is going to go by way faster than I think! I need to take better advantage of this short time that I have.Just so you know I love being a missionary and I know that serving a mission was part of Heavenly Father's plan for me! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now!
I also want to share this quote from Thomas S. Monson which says,
"Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives." 
How cool is that?? And I have this great and wonderful opportunity to serve others all day and every day for 18 months! I know that as we sacrifice our time to serve others we receive blessings from our Heavenly Father and we learn more about Christ-like love.
Missionary work in Enumclaw is going well! We're still searching for new people to teach! Pray that we find the people who are prepared!
I love you all! Remember to go to church and to pray and read the scriptures! Don't ever let anything get in the way of you doing those things! I promise you will see miracles! Don't miss out on the blessings Heavenly Father has for you!
Love,
Hermana Soliz
Hiking at Mt Peak with Bro. Blad

Smile Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment