Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I'm staying in Enumclaw :) Best place ever!

I love being a missionary! I know I've said that before but I'll probably say it a gazillion times more because it's the truth!
This past week I had to say goodbye to my amazing companion and trainer, Hermana Mitchell because she's finished her 18 months. It was so sad and we both cried but I am so thankful for her example and the effort she put into to training me. I just love her so much and will miss her!
I already know who my new companion will be but transfers are at 2:00 so I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her yet. So I can't really tell you any details about her except for that her name is Hermana Killingsworth. I've only talked to her once or twice before but she seems really great! I'm excited about it!
Oh and this transfer there are no new Hermanas coming in. Just 7 Elders, 2 Sisters, and a visa waiter.
Since I had to drop Hermana Mitchell off at the mission home at 8:00 Monday morning I was able to be companions with Sister Heaton for the day. We had to follow each other home in separate cars and it was so weird! Lol But while I was with Sister Heaton I was able to teach Todd who is a man that Hermana Mitchell and I found and sent as a referral to the English Sisters! He's learning about the gospel! & he's committed to a baptism date! It was a really cool experience!
Anyways when Hermana Mitchell was still here we had something really awesome happen! Hermana Mitchell and I had done a lot to get our investigators to come to church and there were a few of them that told us they would for sure be there.
We were really excited to have these investigators come and we were sure they would be there because they showed a lot of interest. But sadly, none of them came.
Then after our first hour of church we got a phone call from our investigator Aura saying that her and her family were almost to the church. We were so surprised! We weren't even expecting her to be the one to show up! Aura and her husband Juan and their little boy stayed for the second and third hours. Since third hour is our sacrament they were able to hear everyone's testimonies. By the way I bore my testimony too :) They also stayed for a break the fast we had after and the members were really welcoming and they seemed to enjoy themselves.
I also thought it was really cool that when they left Juan said that they would be back next Sunday! (and we haven't even taught him a lesson yet- just his wife)
I learned from this that blessings always come when you work hard and that also we should have high expectations for ALL of our investigators, even if they may seem that they are progressing slower than others.
I can't tell you to much about our other investigators because it's been hard to see them and things are still being worked out. But don't worry! I'll make sure to tell you when they're baptized!
We also went to the church event we helped set up for called Celebrate the Nativity. We went all together with members of the group and it was tons of fun!
I love you all so very much!
Pray, read your scriptures, go to church and your life will change for the better!
Hermana Soliz
Love these sisters!
My Christmas stocking!
Merry Christmas!
Hiking Mount Peak
Best decorations ever!
My view at the summit
At the Summit
He is the Gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment