Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Getting Ready

Today was the day I got to go to the temple bookstore to buy the clothing I would need to go through my first endowment session this Saturday. It was super nice to be able to go and enjoy the temple grounds. The San Antonio temple is gorgeous and I love feeling the spirit that is there!

While I was there I ran into a guy who is also leaving soon to serve his mission in the Washington Tacoma mission. Not my mission area but it's still in Washington and he's being sent to the Mexico MTC too since he'll also be teaching in spanish. What are the odds of that?? Then I met this lady there that was from the area where I'll be serving! What a small world right?!!

When I got back home I had the opportunity to go out and teach with the elders serving in my area for, as they called it "official training." I've gone to teach lessons with them several times before but only to teach one or two people at a time. This time they had four appointments set up and I spent a good hour and a half getting the real experience of missionary life. It was complete with great lessons, cancelled appointments, nice people, not so nice people, lots of walking, and of course plenty of barking dogs. Haha! It was great being able to get a glimpse at what I'll be doing for 18 months! It was also great to see the elders make a point to talk to every person they saw. 

I'm getting more and more excited about going out and sharing the gospel! I report in just 50 more days!!








No comments:

Post a Comment