Monday, February 9, 2015

Week # 27



So on Saturday Hermana Webb wasn't feeling good enough to go out so we took her to stay at a member's home for the day. Sadly, she's still sick. She stayed with an older couple that goes to one of the English wards and they were really nice! So when Hermana Webb stayed there Hermana Peacock and I went out to our set appointments.

One of the appointments we had set was at 8:00 with the Hernandez family. They are the members that introduced our investigators, the Ayalas, to the church! Which is awesome because the Ayala's are GOLDEN! Their baptismal date is set for February 28th!!! :)

Anyways, we wanted to help the Hernandez family continue with their missionary work and try out some of the tips we just received from training. BUT, when we got to their house at 8:00 nobody answered the door! No one was home. :(

We heard the neighbors talking and we decided to go over and talk to them on the porch. We ended up talking to Ricky and Jermaine who are father and son. Jermaine especially had a lot of questions and he already knew some stuff about our church. We ended up giving them the information for other missionaries and the address of the church. We also gave Jermaine a Book of Mormon. They also said we could come back and teach them any time. Hopefully missionaries can teach them real soon!

I can't tell you enough how much I am learning and growing on my mission. One thing I've learned recently is that members working with missionaries is the key! Please, don't be afraid to try to share the gospel with others. It really is part of our purpose to share the gospel with others!

Moses 1:39- "For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
I also want to share the scripture 2 Nephi 5:27 in the Book of Mormon,

"O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?
And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I angry because of mine enemy?
Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
Do not anger again because of mine enemies. Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions.

Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation."
When I read this scripture I thought of a lot of things but one of them was that we shouldn't just give up when we go through hard things. We need to always try to follow God and never give up hope. This scripture also made me think that we have the power to choose.
The scripture says, "Oh my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul." The enemy is Satan and he will try to get into our hearts but we can choose to not let him in. And if he does get in,  we can choose to allow him to stay there or not. I think this scripture says a lot about our personal responsibility for our own actions and persevering to the end.
I just love scripture study! There's so much to learn. Oh and I was asked to give my testimony in church this past Sunday. That was fun :)
Les Quiero Mucho!
Hermana Soliz


We're infected!! JK, Hope me and Hna Peacock don't get sick too!

This family is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment