Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 51

Just like always so many things happened this past week!
We had another lesson with Danny and he ended up playing his guitar for us...it was a little strange.
We met someone new to teach and his name is Luigi! He has been taught a lot in the past and has  a ton of deep questions!
We did service for Sister Algreta Swarenson who lives across from the church. She isn't a member but she loves having us come over to clean or do yard work. Then in exchange for our service she always gives us some kind of gift card to go eat or homemade jam. We just went to go eat at Applebee's and Red Robbin this past week thanks to her kindness!
We also did service at the community dinner, food bank, and we helped our investigator, Rebecca, move out.
On Wednesday we went over to Hermana Zepeda's house for language study! It was so great! I love her! I would ask her questions about grammar or my accent and as she explained the answer to me she always connected it to the gospel. She's such a great missionary!
On Friday we had interviews with President Eaton! I was so excited! I love those! There are like Christmas! I had a really good interview with President and it just made the whole day better! He told me that I will definitely be going back to Spanish full-time at the end of the transfer. That's great news but I will miss everyone I've come to know and love in the English ward. :(  It's also sad because President Eaton doesn't know yet if I'll stay here in Auburn with the Spanish branch or go somewhere else. So if I get transferred out of Zone I have to leave both the ward and branch! But it will all be okay! I will love it no matter what!
On Saturday morning Sister Walker and I found out that our investigator Duda would be getting married that same night! She's been wanting to get married for so long and finally her fiancé said they could get married that same day! It was so crazy getting everything ready on such short notice but it ended up being really cute for only having a day to plan! Sister Dahle let us use decorations she had from her wedding and we helped Sister Scalesy make the wedding cake! Several members also brought some type of dessert, punch, or veggie tray. It was great thanks to everyone pitching in and helping! Now Duda is married and she can get baptized in the near future! :)
Sunday I had to translate all of Sacrament meeting! There was a lot of English people there to see Mirella and Lesley Valle give their farewell talks so I had to translate from Spanish to English! I felt so much pressure to do good but I think it all went well! They both gave really good and heartfelt talks and testimonies. Then after they spoke their family members shared their testimonies as well. It was such a good sacrament meeting and I was almost crying listening to Mirella and Lesley talk about how excited they were to serve and how grateful they were for the gospel.
I just want to end by sharing something I heard about this past week. A lot of people say that their mission was/is the best experience of their life. Which is mostly true, especially up until that point in your life. But after serving a mission there are still great things to experience like getting sealed in the temple and starting your own family!
So in reality instead of the mission being the best experience of your life it's the best experience for your life. I can definitely understand that! You learn and grow and change so much from the experiences you have while serving a mission that I can clearly see why it would be the best experience for your life! The skills you learn on the mission and the relationships you grow with people around you and with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will shape the rest of your life!
I love you all and will keep y'all in my prayers!

Hermana Soliz
My wonderful Auburn Zone


Relief Society came through with one day notice!

We helped bake the cake

With the happy married couple

Beautiful family

Guess who got the left overs?
Auburn Sisters
Jumping for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment